Tuesday 9 August 2011

Sometimes queueing is just too much to ask of people

It's hard not to feel a bit helpless when reading about the riots/looting going on in England, were I back home I would still feel the same however. It's not a distance thing, it's a what the fuck can I actually do to stop these inbred fucks from being assholes thing. This display of utter stupidity is just another example of things that are wrong with humanity. But then you get people organising a clean up the next day and once again a glimmer of hope returns for our race.

Of course this sort of thing and worse happens across the world everyday and I'm only thinking about this one because it's kind of close to home. It's been put into a context I can relate to and so I can comment on it. That's all I can do really.

I'm not going to make judgments as to what we should do with them and I can't think of any solutions that would work. I will instead make jokes about the 80's and social networking helping fuel this taking advantage of a reaction to loot.

Twitter has been most present during these looters gatherings, and due to it being easily accessible to absolute fucktards it has also been the host to the largest presence of misinformation out there. This isn't like the live updates of revolutions, there were fewer twats with a phone in those countries, which is possibly something they hoped to resolve with their uprisings. I'm not saying it was the first thing on their mind, just that at some point they may have thought you know what screw this shit why can this guy tweet about his new missile launcher and not me, we need to change this shit. In our country, our revolutionaries are fighting against the time they have to wait to get their free money, the queues in poundland and the extortionate cost of tesco value rice. Something twitter would tag under #firstworldproblems. To call them revolutionaries is a joke and to give them real political meaning is a farce.

So whilst the looting happens in England I will sit in Korea making jokes about how long it will be before the next city accepts the London's Google+ invite and joins the Looters circle. Whilst the peaceful protest group bleeds to death on facebook because no one cares about those cocks.

Aw shit I forgot to make an 80's joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment